Recovery underway following ex cyclone Gita
Network Tasman advises that the following areas in the Tasman Region are without power this morning. Restoration efforts are challenging due to road closures, localised flooding and slips.
We are working to restore power as soon as possible. Customers should prepare to be without power until late afternoon on Wednesday 21st February.
As power can be restored at any time please treat all lines, electrical installations and wiring as live. Stay clear of downed lines and stay clear of trees that have fallen over lines.
Updates will be posted on our web page www.networktasman.co.nz
- Dodson Valley: 13 customers at the end of the valley
- Marahau: 145 customers, all of Marahau.
- Otuwhero Valley: 20 customers in Riwaka Sandy Bay Rd, Moss Rd & Otuwhero Valley Rd
- Waiwhero Rd.: 67 customers in Edward Rd and Waiwhero Rd.
- Takaka Hill: 117 customers on Eastern side of Takaka Hill and Riwaka Valley
- Brooklyn: 225 customers in Brooklyn Valley, Motueka Westbank Rd. and theShaggery.
- Kina: 38 customers in Kina Beach Rd and Cliff Rd.
- Rangihaeata Rd, Takaka: 86 customers in Rangihaeata, Keoghan and Fraser Rds.