Recovery underway following ex cyclone Gita
Network Tasman advises that the following areas in the Tasman Region are without power this morning. Restoration efforts are challenging due to road closures, localised flooding and slips.
We are working to restore power as soon as possible. Customers should prepare to be without power until late afternoon on Wednesday 21st February.
As power can be restored at any time please treat all lines, electrical installations and wiring as live. Stay clear of downed lines and stay clear of trees that have fallen over lines.
Updates will be posted on our web page www.networktasman.co.nz
- Dodson Valley: 13 customers at the end of the valley
- Marahau: 145 customers, all of Marahau.
- Otuwhero Valley: 20 customers in Riwaka Sandy Bay Rd, Moss Rd & Otuwhero Valley Rd
- Waiwhero Rd.: 67 customers in Edward Rd and Waiwhero Rd.
- Takaka Hill: 117 customers on Eastern side of Takaka Hill and Riwaka Valley
- Brooklyn: 225 customers in Brooklyn Valley, Motueka Westbank Rd. and theShaggery.
- Kina: 38 customers in Kina Beach Rd and Cliff Rd.
- Rangihaeata Rd, Takaka: 86 customers in Rangihaeata, Keoghan and Fraser Rds.
Electric vehicles are attracting a lot of interest in our region and it's great to see the community using the charging stations Network Tasman has installed.
Two new stations to fill up your car are being built in the region but there won’t be a drop of fuel in sight. Rather than the traditional petrol and diesel pumps, the two stations in Takaka and Nelson will be pumping energy.