Information on the Peter Malone Community Grants Scheme
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018 GRANTS HAVE NOW CLOSED
AND WILL REOPEN IN JULY 2019.
Please ensure that your application meets the following criteria and rules:
General criteria and information:
- Applicants must be end users of Network Tasman Limited line facilities. In the event of the applicant being an organisation, it must show that receiving a grant will result in significant benefit to the district serviced by the Company.
- Projects must be capable of being completed within two years of receipt of funds.
- Applicants must advise the Trust of all other avenues of funding that have been or are being pursued and the amount of any grants received from those sources.
- The minimum grant available is $250.
- Details of grants will be publicly advertised in the Trust’s Annual Report.
Grants to organisations:
- Grants will not generally be made for wages or operating costs.
- Grants are unlikely to be made to organisations which have already incurred financial deficits.
- Grants will not be made where there is deficit budgeting for projects.
- No applicant can expect an ongoing grant.
Grants to individuals
Grants can be made to individuals within the following parameters:
- For costs associated with representing New Zealand overseas (maximum grant of $1,000).
- For costs associated with representing Nelson Tasman overseas (maximum grant of $500).
- Small emergency grants may be made under exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Trust.
How to apply:
- All applicants must complete the formal application form provided by the Trust.
- Organisations must provide appropriate financial records for their organisation or project, including a copy of their latest annual financial statements and annual report (if applicable).
- Applicants may be required to provide additional information and/or attend meetings with the Trust or its representatives.
- Applicants must satisfy the Trust that the funds allocated have been used for the approved purpose.
- Successful applicants must supply the Trust with a set of audited financial statements for the year in which the grant is received.
- Declarations of expected income or additional funding in the application must be reasonable and likely to be achieved.
- Individuals who have achieved New Zealand representative status and apply for assistance with travelling expenses should supply appropriate letters of support.
- Decisions made by the Trust will be final and no further discussions will be entered into.
All applicants are required to sign a declaration that:
- All information provided is correct.
- They accept and will abide by the rules and criteria outlined by the Trust.
- The Trust is entitled to keep and use information supplied by applicants within the limits of the Privacy Act 1993.
Download an Application Form
Click on the icons below to download an application form for an Individual or Organisation.
For more information
For more information about the Peter Malone Community Grants Scheme administered by the Network Tasman Charitable Trust please contact:
Network Tasman Charitable Trust
C/- Craig Anderson Ltd
270A Queen Street, Richmond, Nelson
PO Box 3115, Richmond 7050, Nelson
Telephone: 64 3 544 6179
Fax: 64 3 544 5979