Information on the Peter Malone Community Grants and Loans Scheme
Applications for 2016 Grants and Loans are now closed
We accept applications for the Peter Malone Community Grants and Loans Scheme during the month of August each year. Please do not send applications at any other time.
Please ensure that your application meets the following criteria and rules:
General criteria and information:
- The Trust, at its discretion, may offer funds from the scheme either by way of grant or by loan (as described under its Loan Policy below).
- Applicants must be end users of Network Tasman Limited line facilities. In the event of the applicant being an organisation, it must show that receiving a grant or loan will result in significant benefit to the district serviced by the Company.
- Projects must be capable of being completed within two years of receipt of funds.
- Applicants must advise the Trust of all other avenues of funding that have been or are being pursued and the amount of any grants received from those sources.
- The minimum grant available is $250.
- The minimum loan available is $2000.
- A maximum of $400,000 in loans can be advanced at any one time from the loan fund.
- Details of grants and loans will be publicly advertised in the Trust’s Annual Report and local newspapers.
Grants to organisations:
- Grants will not generally be made for wages or operating costs.
- Grants are unlikely to be made to organisations which have already incurred financial deficits.
- Grants will not be made where there is deficit budgeting for projects.
- No applicant can expect an ongoing grant.
Loans to organisations:
- Guarantors may be required.
- Loans should be used for the completion of capital projects of reasonable substance.
- The Trust may agree to provide and hold loan funds for a period of up to two years on behalf of the applicant until the total funds required to complete their project are available and the project is underway.
- All loans have a term of five years with interest charged at 2 percent.
- Should an extension to the term be required, organisations will need to re-apply to the scheme.
- The applicant’s financial position will be carefully examined to ensure the organisation has a reasonable ability to repay the loan.
Grants to individuals
Grants can be made to individuals within the following parameters:
- For costs associated with representing New Zealand overseas (maximum grant of $1,000).
- For costs associated with representing Nelson Tasman overseas (maximum grant of $500).
- Small emergency grants may be made under exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Trust.
How to apply:
- All applicants must complete the formal application form provided by the Trust.
- Organisations must provide appropriate financial records for their organisation or project, including a copy of their latest annual financial statements and annual report (if applicable).
- Applicants may be required to provide additional information and/or attend meetings with the Trust or its representatives.
- Applicants must satisfy the Trust that the funds allocated have been used for the approved purpose.
- Successful applicants must supply the Trust with a set of audited financial statements for the year in which the grant or loan is received.
- Declarations of expected income or additional funding in the application must be reasonable and likely to be achieved.
- Individuals who have achieved New Zealand representative status and apply for assistance with travelling expenses should supply appropriate letters of support.
- Decisions made by the Trust will be final and no further discussions will be entered into.
All applicants are required to sign a declaration that:
- All information provided is correct.
- They accept and will abide by the rules and criteria outlined by the Trust.
- The Trust is entitled to keep and use information supplied by applicants within the limits of the Privacy Act 1993.
Download an Application Form
Click on the icons below to download an application form for an Individual or Organisation.
For more information
For more information about the Peter Malone Community Grants and Loans Scheme administered by the Network Tasman Charitable Trust please contact:
Network Tasman Charitable Trust
C/- Craig Anderson Ltd
270A Queen Street, Richmond, Nelson
PO Box 3115, Richmond 7050, Nelson
Telephone: 64 3 544 6179
Fax: 64 3 544 5979