We are committed to meeting our responsibilities under COVID-19 Alert Level 2
21 May 2020
We hope you and your family are well and staying safe.
The Network Tasman team are continuing to ensure we are maintaining our essential operations while New Zealand is at COVID-19 Alert Level 2. As restrictions on business operations have eased, Network Tasman has resumed work on essential network maintenance and upgrades, and are working to ensure the duration of any planned outages are minimised while still addressing longer term maintenance needs.
While the transition to Level 2 has seen increased work activity and greater face to face interaction, we are continuing to maintain robust safety protocols and are well prepared to respond to any changed circumstances as needed. You may have seen a greater presence of Network Tasman vehicles and field crews across the community as work on our network has increased. In line with Level 2 guidelines, our staff are operating under clear contract tracing, physical distancing and hygiene protocols to ensure we continue to prioritise the safety of our teams and wider community.
Additionally, Network Tasman staff are working differently in our office premises to uphold Level 2 requirements, including:
- Developing alternative ways of working with our stakeholders to reduce the need for face to face interaction where practical.
- Strengthening our visitor entry procedures to ensure we meet our contact tracing requirements.
- Having clear physical distancing protocols in place for on-site staff and any visitor interactions.
- Comprehensive cleaning and personal hygiene procedures.
- Systems and alternative work methods to support early detection, testing and isolation as appropriate, of any personnel who feel unwell.
We are committed to ensuring Network Tasman remains informed and proactive in meeting our responsibilities as a business operating under Alert Level 2 requirements.