How Network Tasman is supporting our community during the coronavirus pandemic
19 March 2020
Network Tasman is closely monitoring the effect of the rapidly evolving coronavirus, COVID-19, on our community.
As a critical service provider, we are very conscious of our responsibility to maintain power supply across our network.
Network Tasman is taking proactive measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 and ensure we keep the power on during a difficult time when our community depends on it most.
Network Tasman continues to monitor the situation closely. There is no heightened risk to supply of power at this time and we are well prepared to respond as the situation evolves.
The steps Network Tasman has taken are to limit the risks of coronavirus infection are:
- We have additional protocols for visitors to our office, designed to minimise unnecessary interactions and reduce the risks of necessary interactions.
- All work-related air travel has been cancelled.
- We have cancelled non-essential meetings and stopped our people from attending conferences and non-essential external work-related events.
- We encourage our people to practice social distancing or consider other options to face to face meetings e.g. phone conferences or email.
- We have taken extra steps to ensure our workplaces are clean, hygienic environments and have distributed more hand sanitising products throughout our headquarters and operator’s vehicles.
- Our people have been told to stay at home if they feel unwell.
- We will support our people to self-isolate if required.
- We are prepared for our people to work from home or in other Network Tasman locations if the need arises.